Liddle, H. A. (2002)
Author Contact Information:
Dr. Howard Liddle
Multidimensional Family Therapy for Adolescent Cannabis Users, (DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 02-3660, Cannabis Youth Treatment (CYT) Series, Volume 5). Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT), Rockville, MD.
- Integrates family therapy and primary substance abuse treatment.
- Is predicated on family-focused, developmentally based treatment.
- Provides treatment in 15 sessions over 12 weeks.
- Uses case management techniques.
- Assesses four factors: (1) the adolescent, (2) the parents, (3) the family’s pattern of interacting, andthe teen’s and parents’ interaction with other systems, such as schools, juvenile justice, and peer and social support networks.
- Bases treatment on in-depth and multi-system assessments.
- Individualizes treatment for each teen and his or her family.
You can obtain free copies of this manual by contacting SAMHSA’s National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI):
Ask for DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 02-3660
- Telephone: 800.729.6686
- 800.487.4889 TDD (hearing impaired)
Click here to download for free.