The mission of Chestnut Opportunities is to facilitate the overall recovery process. This is accomplished by creating an environment where hope is evident and success is celebrated.
Opportunities' core principles and activities develop empowerment through active involvement in one's own rehabilitation goal setting.
These services support the belief that recovery is possible for everyone and is a process that is strengthened by five essential recovery values.
Opportunities is based on the principles of individual choice and recovery and incorporates the active involvement of each individual in their own rehabilitation.
- Interpersonal communication
- Problem solving
- Coping skills development
- Recovery plan development
- Identifying strengths and preferences
- Health and wellness lifestyles
- Building natural supports
Other Group Services
- Community involvement: Helps individuals learn to use public transportation and access community resources.
- Recovery practice: Assists with development of activities of daily living including cooking, cleaning, developing a routine, planning and organization.
- Cognitive remediation: Helps individuals improve memory, attention and problem solving.