This program is available for any Madison County resident age 60 or older. A therapist, registered nurse and case manager work collaboratively with older adults to improve mental health services through the Senior Services Outreach Program.
Confidential services needed to sustain or improve quality of life are provided in the privacy of the senior's home. Services that seniors may receive, but are not limited to are:
- help with independent living;
- assessment for in home supportive services;
- supportive counseling to help with grief and loss, stress, depression;
- connection to community resources;
- help with medication issues and wellness needs.
The Senior Services Outreach Program won the Deirdre Johnston Award for Excellence in Innovation for Geriatric Mental Health Outreach Services
, which was presented by the American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry
in March of 2012.