The Individual Placement and Support Vocational Program (IPS) is based on the belief that every person with a severe mental illness is capable of working competitively in the community if the right kind of job and work environment can be found.
An employment specialist can:
- Work closely with your treatment/support system.
- Provide assistance with seeing how work can impact your benefits.
- Explore different work environments.
- Identify your personal preferences with your work wants and needs.
- Begin a rapid job search.
- Identify job leads.
- Support you during the interview process.
- Support you once you get the job.
- Identify work related challenges or conflicts on the job.
- Provide time unlimited supports.
IPS services are based in Madison and St. Clair counties.