For over four decades, Chestnut Health Systems has provided a full continuum of addiction counseling and treatment services for adults, 18 and older, that includes outpatient, intensive outpatient and inpatient programs. Services vary across our multiple locations in Illinois including Belleville, Bloomington and Granite City.
Our clinically-licensed and certified counselors care about our clients and are committed to helping them achieve recovery and learning how to sustain a recovery oriented life. We believe that alcohol and drug addiction and mental illness are treatable yet chronic health problems. Many individuals dealing with alcohol and drug addiction also have a co-occurring mental health issue. Our research tested and approved clinical programs address both addiction and mental illness in order to help adults achieve recovery. We believe that individuals should attend addiction treatment in the least restrictive environment possible, which is determined by an assessment.
- An individual treatment plan is developed for each adult to work on his or her goals.
- Length of stay in any service is determined by individual situations, needs and progress in treatment.
- Addiction and mental health issues are both addressed during treatment with psychiatric consultation and treatment with a staff psychiatrist available.
- Family programs are available for supportive individuals in the adult’s life.
- Onsite medical treatment is available as needed.
- Participation in self-help and support groups is encouraged for each adult as an addition to any level of addiction treatment.
Download an information sheet by clicking here.