Webb, C., Scudder, M., Kaminer, Y. & Kadden, R. (2002)
Author Contact Information:
Dr. Yifrah Kaminer
The Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Supplement: 7 Sessions of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Adolescent Cannabis Users, (DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 02-3659, Cannabis Youth Treatment (CYT) Series, Volume 2). Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT), Rockville, MD.
You can obtain free copies of this manual by contacting SAMHSA’s National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI):
- Uses cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Adds seven more CBT sessions to the therapy presented in volume 1.
- Focuses on teaching techniques for:
- problem solving
- anger management
- improving communication skills
- coping with cravings and urges to use marijuana
- depression management
- planning for high-risk situations
- coping with relapse
TDD (hearing impaired): 800.487.4889
Ask for DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 02-3659
Click here to download for free.